Completing school work online
How will you work with me to help my child who needs additional support from adults at home to access remote education?
We recognise that some pupils, for example some pupils with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), may not be able to access remote education without support from adults at home. We acknowledge the difficulties this may place on families, and we will work with parents and carers to support those pupils in the following ways:
- The SEND team are in contact regularly with SEND pupils and their parents.
- We will evaluate each child’s needs on an individual basis and will put in place strategies to support remote learning.
- Small group interventions continue to take place remotely.
- Teachers will provide written instructions as well as verbal and are there throughout the lesson to support where needed.
- All pupils have access to Immersive Reader which can read aloud texts sent to pupils.