The school’s main focus is quality first teaching (QFT) where differentiation in lessons allows the individual needs of all students to be met. Where a student’s individual need requires further support, the Academy can provide an individualised timetable as well as withdrawal work in small groups.
Additional support available within the Academy includes:
- Timetabled ‘moving up’ lessons in literacy and numeracy.
- ‘202020’ literacy and numeracy support.
- ‘LINK’ literacy and numeracy support.
- Academy reading champions (ARC).
- Better reading partnership (BRP).
- Hi-5 activities in sept.
- Literacy and numeracy student support workers.
- The appropriate use of rewards and sanctions.
- A broad range of extra-curricular activities, including homework club and use of the learning resource centre (LRC) and learning support unit (LSU).
- Assessment procedures that emphasise pupils’ strengths and achievements.
- Key stage 4 courses which are relevant to pupils’ needs.
- Exam concessions where needed.